The NJR Centre has been set up to manage the development and running of the NJR database for all data collection and to help share NJR information with clinicians, patients and other stakeholders. The Centre has various tasks, including:
- engaging with all NJR stakeholders to ensure that the aims and goals of the NJR are understood and achieved
- hosting and managing the computing infrastructure and all of the software applications (hosted in Northgate's secure, NHS approved data centre)
- providing support to NJR users through a network of Regional Coordinators and the Service Desk
- the provision and analysis of information to all NJR stakeholders via NJR ReportsOnline, StatsOnline, Clinician Feedback, Supplier Feedback, Management Feedback, NJR Surgeon and Hospital Profile and through ad hoc requests
- support to the NJR Steering Committee and Regional Clinical Coordinators' Network
- providing project management and analyses to support the Annual Report production process
- undertaking all new software and application development
- setting up and running the performance management systems necessary for the identification and investigation of potential outlier performance.
The NJR Centre is managed and staffed by Northgate Public Services and is located at their offices in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.