Latest news and events
Welcome to the NJR news and events page. Here you will find out the latest news from the NJR as well as upcoming events.
If you have a media enquiry or would like to suggest an event for this page, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3857 5044 - NJR Communications.
For any other kind of enquiry, please contact the NJR Service Desk
Member (Medical Director) appointment to the National Joint Registry Steering Committee (NJRSC)
Timothy Wilton has been appointed as member (Medical Director) from 1st January 2019 for three years.
The role will involve a time commitment of up to 2 days per week.
Remuneration will be £50,000 per annum. However, these funds will be released to the trust in order to cover backfill in the appointee’s absence and is not payable direct to the appointee. Any expenses payable will be paid in line with NHS England policy
- Friday 30th November, London - Reporting, Investigation & Learning from Near Miss Incidents This conference will focus on what can be learnt from outstanding practice in near miss reporting and investigation and how you can Improve the way near misses are investigated in your service. It will look at national developments in patient safety investigation and how you can develop your skills in recognizing the barriers that prevented a near miss from leading to harm. https://www.healthcareconferencesuk.co.uk/nhs-near-miss-incidents
- Thursday 8th November, Belfast - NJR Regional Event: The National Joint Registry is pleased to invite all staff in both the NHS and independent sector to attend the NJR programme of free-to-attend regional events. All staff involved with the NJR process in your hospitals are welcome - including, data entry, pre-assessment, theatre, clinical governance staff, surgeons, managers and nurses. We are holding the next of these regional events this Autumn, the first one was held at Somerset Cricket Club in Taunton, on Tuesday 9th October and the second one is being held at Malone House in Belfast, Northern Ireland, all staff in both the NHS and the independent sector who are involved in the collection of data for NJR or any aspect of joint surgery are invited to attend these events. Click to book a place in Belfast
- Monday 5th November, London - The Preoperative Association is organising their 15th Annual National Conference at: The Royal College of Physicians. Please see www.pre-op.org ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- 25 September 2018: NJR's 15th Report Published
- 21 June 2018: Article by Martyn Porter intended to provide guidance for surgeons as to how to use their personal NJR Data in the Annual Appraisal (JTO p. 40)
- 1 May 2018: New study published by the team at NDORMs comparing the cost effectiveness of unicompartmental and total knee replacement
- 27 April 2018: Booking is now open for the NJR regional event taking place in Taunton on 9th October 2018 - find more more information here
- 6 March 2018: Clinical Audit Masterclass 2018
- 6 March 2018: Falls Prevention Summit 2018: Reducing Inpatient Falls & Harm from Inpatient Falls
- 26 January 2018: National Joint Registry awards 85 hospitals as Quality Data Providers ►
- 10 January 2018: Our data is improving patient care - Martyn Porter ►
- 8 January 2018: Metal-on-metal hip implant patients are undergoing further surgery sooner, new study suggests ►
- 19 December 2017: Ground-breaking collaboration to further improve outcomes for joint replacement patients ►
- 19 December 2017: Using national audit data to drive greater patient safety and quality of care for joint replacement patients ►