NJR Data Entry System
NJR Data Entry System
It is important that data is entered into the NJR database accurately and that the data entry process is as quick and easy as possible.
A user guide has been developed which will help you consider how to submit NJR data effectively within your hospital’s internal systems and processes.
To access the NJR Data Entry System you will need to register for an NJR user account.
There are four categories of NJR user accounts, each have a different level of data access.
- NJR Hospital Data Entry: can enter data on the system but does not have access to any data reports.
- NJR Hospital Data Manager: can access all NJR data for the hospital under which they are registered. They can only view data for surgeons who have given their prior permission. (This permission can be given online within the data entry system via the individual surgeon’s user account or by emailing the NJR Centre.)
- Surgeon: can access their own data for operations they have performed in hospitals registered on the NJR. Lead surgeons can access their own data and consultants-in-charge can access all data where they are recorded as the consultant in charge. (Surgeons need to ensure that they have been affiliated with all relevant hospitals on the NJR database.)
- Implant supplier: can access their own component data and download their component lists, ie NJR categorisation code, description and supplier catalogue (reference) number, for checking purposes.
- Data Uploader – The Data Uploader role supports the NJR Data Quality Audit programme and a user has the rights necessary to upload CSV files containing a hospital’s PAS data to the National Joint Registry database via the Data Entry system in order to undertake Data Quality Audits.
To register for an account you will need to send an email to the NJR Service Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org). The email must be sent from a hospital email address; we will not be able to approve requests for new users if they are sent from personal email addresses.
When emailing a request you will need to include the following information:
- your user type, eg hospital data entry
- your name (in full)
- the hospital(s) at which you work
- if you are a surgeon, also your GMC code and grade.
The bulk upload facility enables a hospital to collect NJR data via their own IT system and then transfer it as a block of multiple data records, at regular intervals, to the registry.
Click here for guidance on how to use this facility.
Outsourcing cases to another provider
Click here for guidance on this process and on the correct codes to use
You can also access NJR ReportsOnline through the Data Entry system
You can find further guidance on this here