StatsOnline is a web-based facility for viewing and downloading NJR statistics for NHS hospitals and treatment centres and independent healthcare providers in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man.
NJR StatsOnline shows you how much data hospitals and treatment centres have submitted to the NJR since the 1st April 2003. Data is provided for whole calendar months and updated on a monthly basis. The statistics are based on the operation date. Data at the hospital level is supplied by both operation date and the date the operation record was submitted to the NJR database.
The statistics currently available include the:
- total number of operations submitted to the NJR
- number of hip procedures
- number of knee procedures
- number of ankle procedures
- number of elbow procedures
- number of shoulder procedures
- NJR consent rate (percentage of submitted records that have NJR patient consent).
These statistics can be found by searching:
- for a named hospital (or treatment centre)
- by region: this will list all the NHS and independent hospitals and treatment centres in the region of your choice
- by NHS organisation: this will list all the NHS hospitals and treatment centres in a given trust/local health board
- by independent healthcare provider organisation.
Summary data tables are also available.
NJR Compliance measures the proportion of cases reported to NJR, compared to cases reported to other sources of comparative data, such as HES. This provides a basis for NJR to report on the completeness of its data. NJR Compliance is also used as part of the Best Practice Tariff calculation for hip and knee surgery.
Where cases are outsourced to another provider, but reported through HES by the originally commissioned Trust, some procedures may be reported as ‘missing’ from the NJR. This is because the corresponding NJR record will have been submitted by the outsourced provider and the HES record does not accurately record the identity of that outsourced provider.
To prevent such cases being reported as ‘missing’ from the NJR, it is essential to complete the SITETRET field in HES with the NACS code (formerly the ODS code) of the organisation to which the procedure has been outsourced. Completion of this field enables NJR to exclude the record from the data it expects to be recorded for the Trust, whilst also enabling NJR to ensure that the corresponding record has been submitted by the outsourced provider.
Any queries should be directed to the NJR Service Centre Desk using the following contact details:
Telephone: 0845 345 9991