NJR Session at BOA Congress 2021:
The NJR Annual Report 2020 was launched on the 21st September 2021 at the British Orthopaedic Association’s Congress, to an international delegation of orthopaedic surgeons.
The NJR's session was entitled 'The Impact of COVID-19 - Tackling Infection'.
The session agenda is here
All presentations from the session are below.
Introduction - NJR Session & 18th Annual Report Launch
- Mr Tim Wilton - NJR Medical Director and Interim Chairman
- Professor Mike Reed - Chairman of the NJR Editorial Board and member of NJRSC
COVID-19 - the extent of the impact on the orthopaedic sector
- Mr Derek Pegg - NJRSC and Executive Committee member
- Dr Adrian Sayers - NJR statistical analysis team, University of Bristol
Patient perspective of COVID-19
- Robin Brittain - NJRSC Patient Representative
'Patient on the waiting list' - video: Patient experiences of the impact of COVID
- Introduction to video to highlight the issues around growing waiting lists by Gillian Coward, NJRSC Patient Representative
Caring for Patients on the waiting list
- Professor Deborah Eastwood, BOA
Role of ceramic bearings in reducing revision for infection after THR
- Mr. Ajay Malviya - Orthopaedic Surgeon, Northumbria Healthcare
Inpatient and daycase costs for infection after primary hip replacement - an NJR Annual Report 2021 In-depth Research Topic
- Professor Michael Whitehouse - NJR statistical analysis team, University of Bristol
Chairs’ closing remarks
- Mr Tim Wilton, NJR Medical Director and Interim Chairman